Having a good Kidney Diet is one thing that almost all patients are looking for as it can significantly improve the condition. This food regimen covers the edible items that a patient needs to eat and to prevent in order to provide the body with the nutrients it needs.
Determining what this food regimen is all about is essential in achieving positive results during and after medication.
What Is A Kidney Diet?
This is a set of guidelines which is normally consists of the types of foods recommended for sufferers of the disease. The type of foods may actually vary depending on the level or the severity of the disease that the patient is suffering from. For instance, patients who are suffering from less serious type of this disease may be given the basic daily food regimen while those that have renal disease, which is the sever type are prescribed with a more advanced food guidelines.
Benefits Of Having The Food Regimen To Patients
- Reduction Of Symptoms – There are plenty of benefits of following the recommended food regimen for patients and it includes the reduction of symptoms. Patients who eat the prescribed foods to fight the disease are more likely to suffer from the undesirable symptoms produced by the illness.
- Chance Of Recovery – When a patient strictly follows the daily food regimen prescribed, there is a great chance of recovery as these foods provide the nutritional benefits that the body needs.
- Prevents Fatal Consequences – The disease if not given the right medical attention and without the intervention of the prescribed food regimen can eventually become life-threatening. Eating the best foods to fight the disease can stop aggravating the condition and prevent it from causing fatal consequences.
Samples Of The Most Recommended Foods
- Foods For Detox And Cleansing – One of the best ways to cleanse the malfunctioning organ in the body is to simply increase water intake on a daily basis. Detoxification is essential in order to lessen or prevent toxin build up in the body. Among the most recommended foods to eat for detoxification includes vegetables, herbs and fresh fruits such as grapes, cranberry, nettle soup , dandelion herbal teas, ginger root and turmeric tea.
- Generally Recommended Foods – These foods are excellent choice for people who are suffering from the condition as they contain antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals. Among these foods include:
- Red bell peppers – This is low in potassium and is rich in vitamins A,C and B6 as well as fiber and folic acid. You can eat hem raw as an appetizer or a snack with a dip or mix hem with salads.
- Cabbage – This is loaded with phytochemicals and is rich in vitamins K, B6 and C. It can significantly diminish the symptoms and regain the health of your organ. You can use cabbage as topping or serve it as a side dish.
- Cauliflower – This is rich in folate, fiber and vitamin C. You can make a salad , use it with pasta or make mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes.
- Onions – Onions are low in potassium and is a healthy food for the condition. It has a powerful antioxidant and can be enjoyed cooked or raw in many dishes.
- Apples – There are many benefits of including apples in the daily food regimen as it is rich in fiber and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can be taken raw or cooked or by drinking apple juice.
- Garlic- This is especially helpful to dialysis patients as garlic contains antioxidants and anti-clotting properties. Garlic powder may be used in replacement of garlic salt and consuming raw garlic is more recommended than eating cooked ones.
- Foods To Avoid – There are specific types of foods that can aggravate the condition and consumption of them needs to be restricted or prevented depending on the severity of the condition.
- Potassium – When the person is suffering from the condition his potassium levels tend to significantly increase and the body may be unable to remove the excessive amounts of it from the body. Make sure that you lessen consumption of or avoid:
* Prune juice
* Dried prunes
* Canned tomato sauce
* Winter squash
- Phosphorus – The body tends to lose its ability to remove excessive phosphorus when he person is suffering from the condition. This is the reason why patients need to lower down phosphorus intake and avoid foods such as:
* Whole grains
* Ice cream
* Sweet potatoes
* Soft drinks
- Protein – Excessive amounts of protein in the body can slow down removal of waste products in the blood and this is why patients need to lessen or avoid consumption of:
- Sodium – Excessive amounts of sodium can cause high blood pressure which can potentially cause or worsen the condition. Among the sodium-rich foods include:
* Black-eyed beans
Precautions And Risks
Although there are recommended foods for individuals who are suffering from this type of medical condition, patients need to work closely to their healthcare provider and their nutritionist to prevent further complications. The foods that are usually recommended for patients usually vary according to the severity of the condition. Dialysis patients have different needs compared to other individuals who are suffering from less serious type of the disease. There is a compelling need to exercise reasonable care in choosing the right foods in order to maintain an overall proper nutrition and to prevent complications.
There is a scientifically proven kidney diet program that can provide patients with customized meals plans that suits their condition best and this have already helped many patients recover from the condition.
Do you want to finally get rid of the illness in a natural way? Do you want to start using the program now? Visit: Kidney Diet Guide
Among the best things that the kidney diet program offers include the secret about the use of herbal medicines and vitamins as well as effective recipes or meal plans to fight the disease.
Why don’t you start getting your life back and be permanently free from the condition! Visit: Kidney Diet